Thursday 12 September 2013

I took over the wheel after spending some time with baby K last night. But I never complete the drive. Lol. I always make the hubs take over when we reach the entrance of our multi-storey carpark. While he gets out of the car, I'll just cross over to the front passenger seat. While I have no problems driving down the carpark, driving up is another story altogether. And also, I don't want to sit through his criticisms should I be parking the car.

The husband made a few comments last night about my turns not being smooth and trying to show me how I did it but failing. There was once, long time back, when I was driving with a friend in the back and they both got out while I parked. The husband was gesturing and getting impatient with my parking while, get this, trying to guide me to park! Little wonder why I have so much resistance to driving right? Before I took over the wheel a few Sundays back, I reminded him not to criticize or show me impatience and he agreed. But as I'm beginning to drive back home from Tampines more often, he has let his guard down and very soon, I'm going to stop wanting to drive altogether.

But I really need to get used to this and learn how to park so that I can confidently bring baby K out if the hubs is not in town in future.

5 comments:

  1. Is it a manual car?? Manuals are tough! Keep going, practice makes perfect

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not. Lol...Yup, got to practise more but it won't hurt if words were more encouraging. :)

      Delete
  2. Tell him to shut up or get out of the car and walk home. Also, when you are parking, tell him to get out and walk away. It is very annoying when there's someone there nagging at you when you are trying to drive/park. Next time he drives, you criticise back and see if he likes it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops...I'm guilty of that sometimes and he tells me next time I drive, which, I don't really want to. Wahahahhah

      Delete
    2. Hahaha! Then you have to practise when he's away. Marc is not too bad now, but I still have to remind him to shut up every now and then. :)

      Delete