Wednesday 8 November 2017

The saying 'Distance makes the heart grow fonder' sure runs through for me towards M.

M went for a cataract surgery yesterday and had to report to the hospital early morning. Couple of weeks before, she decided to 'recuperate' at my place after the surgery. I do not know why but after 'talking' with her with the eldest brother, we figured that she wanted the peace and quiet at my place compared to Jerry's. Anyhow, since she had to report at 7am for the surgery, she came along with Esther on Monday evening with her big bag load of stuff.

The eldest SIL, bless her, volunteered to come over to my place in the afternoons to buy lunch for M as well as cook dinner during M's stay at my place. But she could not do so yesterday which was fine because I can do it anyways, like how I've been doing it all the time. But she did come by in the afternoon and helped me make soup for dinner. The eldest brother accompanied M and brought her home.

Esther came by yesterday too and met me at K's school to pick her up. We went back home and I just had to prepare another dish for dinner. And then the eldest brother came over quite late and stayed over to accompany M for her follow-up check this morning.

All was fine until this morning when I saw M using her hands to sweep off milo powder off the kitchen counter top. I told her to use the kitchen counter rag and then she starts arguing that her hand is wet so the milo powder will not be swept onto the floor and that she has been doing housework for so many donkey years. Really, I do not need this. Not especially on a working morning. She used to put a newspaper on the table while she snacks on biscuits instead of using a bowl. So now, I always provide her with a bowl. And then the 'memories' of her staying with me after I gave birth at our previous home replayed in my head.

The eldest SIL consoled me by saying that it is different this time because I'm not stuck at home unlike the time I was in confinement. But I still need a place of refuge and comfort in my own home right. I do not want to end up not talking to her again and thankfully I have K to spend my time and pay my attention to now. 

Oh Lord, please be with me throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment