Friday 10 November 2017

I turned another year older as of yesterday. Birthdays for me are kept very simple. I do not like the brouhaha over it because I am not one who seeks after attention. Having said that, I realised birthdays for the other 2 SILs, from the hubs' side is the same although we do make the effort to 'celebrate' for the 3 brothers.

I wanted to go shopping in JB on my day off because I had cleared so much from my wardrobe right. The young one wasn't in our plan initially but when she saw the hubs and I dressed down, she started probing and looked so sad that I told the hubs to bring her along. So this girl happily changed out of her uniform and put on the outing clothes that I brought out for her.

Instead of the route we took when we went on an overnight staycation with the eldest brother and his wife last month, we decided to try out the causeway link service that was available at the interchange. I guess being on a weekday helped because it took us only 1 1/2 hours door to door. We were so early, most of the shops were not opened yet. But eventually, I did shop and am happy with my buys. And we managed the shopping by bringing along a trolley cabin bag! Professionals or what?! We could even get some supermarket shopping done!

The wait for the bus back took awhile because at least 4 that came by wasn't heading back to Singapore. Thankfully we had a few other Singaporean day-trippers who were waiting as well so it wasn't too bad. Knowing that we are all in it together....lol. We eventually reached home at about 7pm. Not too bad.

When we opened the door to our home, K sighted her favourite aunt at the sofa and screamed. Abandoning her shoes at the door, she ran in and gave her such a tight hug. This girl. The house has been pretty much of a party for her since after M's surgery. Furthermore, the eldest SIL was staying the night and yes, the girl had to sleep with her and the hubs had to bring out her mattress and pillows to the living room.

Anyhow, that was how I 'celebrated' my birthday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment