Saturday 29 July 2017

The hubs' task for today was to vacuum our bed. While he was going to do that, he cleaned the girl's mattress as well as all the pillows. Everything was what it should be until he reached our bed. 

We have been sleeping on this and the sight made me take out the filter from the air-con for a wash too. Thankfully, the air-con filter is pretty clean.
It was the usual ballet classes today. Or rather, the girl went for her ballet class while the parents whiled the 45 minutes away in air-con comfort at the mall opposite the CC. M has not come along for the past 3 Saturdays and hasn't called either and we had activities for the past 3 weeks anyway.

For today, I had wanted to attend the wake of an ex-colleague's husband. I've known the both of them in my 1st job and even traveled with her to Rome, Paris and London. It was shocking when I saw her FB post on her beloved's passing. Although we have not kept in touch after leaving the airline, I felt I wanted to show her my support. Afterall, we were close once. While I was at the wake and thankfully chanced into another ex-colleague couple, the hubs and K waited for me. 

The 3 of us then proceeded to Jeremy's home after since the wake was at Tampines. We bought dinner and the hubs always over-buy in his typical fashion. They were so happy to see K as usual and glad that she has recovered.

During our visit, the hubs received a call and what ensued was that the MIL was going to spend the night at our place. Right. FIRST. TIME. EVER. What happens is the FIL has been hospitalised since Thursday and the MIL is afraid to be alone in case she gets hit by an asthmatic attack. And so the hubs called her to tell her that we'll reach her block by 9:30pm, already pass K's bedtime but we ended up waiting for another 1/2hour when we reached their block. So it's a good 1 hour of 'I do not know what she was doing'. K was already knocked-out in the car.

When we reached home, I was busy with K, wiping her down while she sleeps and instructing the hubs to bring out the mattress for his mother in K's playroom. The only thing I did was to pass him a mattress cover. After that, I too slept.....it has been a long day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow the vaccum seems quite gd. Mind to share what brand n the pricing u bought? Interesting gadget

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the vaccum seems quite gd. Mind to share what brand n the pricing u bought? Interesting gadget

    ReplyDelete