Sunday 5 June 2016

The hubs and I were finally both available to be with K on her last phonics lesson on Friday. Although her nursery mate will be starting when the new class starts again next Friday, I will not be continuing K with it. I observed that K is mainly doing letter tracing while the teacher teaches bigger words to the slightly older pre-schoolers. The older ones are preparing for primary 1, from the looks of it. And with so many other children, I do not think K is gaining much more from this additional enrichment class. And then the hubs feels it such a rush every Friday, especially if he is on his own.

While waiting for the class to end, I checked out a tuition centre that happens to be located in the CC itself. They offer phonics too and the lessons are catered to children of a particular age group, unlike the one offered by the CC, which basically lumps all kids of all ages together. They use the same syllabus as K's childcare and K recognises the characters in the book and was whispering to me the names. Well, I guess since the school is already going through the same thing, let's spend the money elsewhere.

And yesterday, we had a slow morning and I could do K's laundry, magic-cleaned and mopped the house. We had late lunch and invited the eldest brother and SIL to join us. I treated them to a German restaurant, that the company will be hosting our D&D at later this year. They have a good promotion and we enjoyed ourselves over pork knuckles, beef stew, sausages and so on. After the meal, the hubs, K and myself carried on with window shopping while Jeremy and Ivy went back.

When it was time to head home, K fell asleep half-way through the car journey at about 7pm and slept all the way till this morning! Such a rare occurance which gave the hubs and I the evening to relax, laze and watch tv.

And it was back home after lunch from church today. Sometimes, a slow weekend is all that we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment