Saturday 25 June 2016

I was able to leave the office slightly earlier because the boss went off a lot earlier. Because I planned to do the girl's laundry, magic clean and mop the house in the evening, I cooked something simple. The hubs on the other hand, forgot that I cancelled initial plans to go to Ikea and was there with the girl while I was cooking. Thankfully, they were able to reach home pretty fast and nothing was disrupted.

K's usual sleep time was delayed by a little though because of waiting for the floor to dry. And yes, we are still firm believers of keeping to a routine and it has been this way, ever since she was born.

And this morning, despite it being a non-school day, K woke up before the 2 of us! I got up shortly after to prepare lunch because there wasn't any housework to do (yay!) and also because Ivy was coming over to babysit K while the hubs and I go catch the matinee of 'Les Miserables'! 

My personal favourite one-meal dish! But with a twist this time, fried brown rice mix with fish luncheon with lamb bacon streaks.
The sweet eldest SIL came much earlier than expected, a deviation from her normal routine of visiting her mom in the nursing home and keeping her father company. But she was happy with this change as she says being in the nursing home is really quite miserable and sad. 

Shortly after our lunch, the hubs and I left K in the good hands of the SIL and went for our long over-due date.
I bought us tickets quite near the stage. In fact, we were on the first floor. The tickets were selling so fast that the cheaper ones were snapped up really fast. But I'm glad I made the purchase because it was very good. A few scenes caught me crying.

As soon as the 3 hour play was over, we hurried back home to relieve the SIL from her charge. Gone are the days that we can leisurely go for a stroll after. And that is also the reason why we caught the matinee instead of the evening run. The SIL thought that we will be home very late and had intended to stay over but the hubs kept thinking of his daughter as soon as we left the house so I do not think we will leave her out of anything too long within the near future.

We got home, rested for a bit before we were out again, for dinner this time. We arranged dinner, with Jeremy and Bev came along too, at the club. And so the eldest SIL went back home with them after dinner. I'm so appreciative that she is so kind to go out of her way for us, so that the hubs and I can spend some alone time together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment