Wednesday 8 June 2016

Monday's exercise class was zumba and I love it! Apparently, piloxing and zumba happens on alternate Mondays. So I'll go through the intense piloxing on one Monday and fun zumba the next. Perfect combination because piloxing is a killer! Same instructor, same venue and same colleagues. This is going to be my fixed program on Mondays from now on. No regrets not signing up for the new pilates intake at the CC. 

But the hubs says that I can only do 1 thing, once a week. Meaning, if I have any other plans, I'll have to choose what it'll be for that week. Well, to be fair to him, he doesn't have fix programs like me every week. And of course family time is way important. Well, that's what happens when you have a child. Nothing else matters and life is no longer the same. 

Yesterday, I had to do the school pick-up. Everything was great until it was bedtime. K still wasn't sleeping after about an hour (!!) and then she elbowed me in my eye when I turned to face her. I was already getting impatient with her taking forever to fall asleep and the unintended 'assault' broke it. So I scolded her, she cried, got her to apologise and then I left her on her own. I went out to the kitchen to hang up the laundry. Yes, that was what I wanted to do after she falls asleep. So, who says work ends when the child sleeps? After the laundry, I went to the living room, just to go through FB, sneaking in peeks at K but she still wasn't sleeping! 

When I finally decided to turn in at 11pm, she was still tossing around! She crept up to the bed to lie down, the whole time I was silent. The hubs came back home about 2ish, in the early morning and carried K down to her mattress. Oh my child, why do you test me like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment