Saturday 16 April 2016

The 2nd BIL invited the family to their home today to celebrate the MIL's birthday. The MIL was hospitalised just last week and there was so much going to and fro in their extended family's group chat. Neither myself nor the youngest SIL participated. Since the 2nd SIL is expecting, we all contributed some food and I brought along Stir-fried Mixed Vegetables. 

We also took this opportunity to bring along whatever that we wanted to pass to them or the baby, rather. Although I had told her that I would pass her an electric breast pump, I saw a set in the room and thus, brought mine back. No point having 2 right? Besides, their friend had passed them a better brand. Pauline had wanted to bless them with a baby cot too but the youngest SIL will be passing them the NIL's. We also passed them the stroller that was passed down to us from the NIL and in turn, took over another stroller from the youngest SIL, meant more for travelling.

The PILs seem so overly worried over the 2nd SIL, especially when they found out that the BIL would be travelling the next day. They suggested that the SIL stay over at their home. I told the youngest SIL that when the baby is born, he will be treated most precious of all. But the hubs explained that it is because the 2nd SIL went through a miscarriage before that's why his parents are more concerned. I know I shouldn't have such bad thoughts but I cannot forget the nasty things the MIL said about me pre-pregnancy and post. 

After cake cutting time, everyone took photos with the MIL. Everyone, except the 3 outlaws. And nobody insisted either although they did ask, once. Lol.....I think it's pretty obvious if you are a nice MIL or not when all 3 DILs do not bother to have their photos taken with her. Although the 2nd SIL is more likely to have her photo taken but the youngest and me were not bothered at all.

The youngest SIL told me that she overheard the MIL talking about the 2 of us again, to her friend, whom she had invited. Although the MIL and her friend sat on the same sofa as me, I wasn't paying attention. But somehow, I feel that her friend is more discerning.

Although I tell myself to be a nicer DIL, there seems to be too much bad feelings I have towards the MIL. The way she acts entitled just because she's not feeling well, how she talks bad about her own DILs and shows obvious favoritism thinking that either one of us would be jealous and basically expecting everyone to be available just when she needs them to, right at that minute. I have to keep reminding myself everyday not to be that type of MIL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment