Friday 15 April 2016

I left work earlier today because I needed to pick the girl up from school, buy dinner home, wash her up, eat dinner then bring her to the CC for her phonics class. When we reached home, I realised the hubs had messaged me to tell me that he didn't have to attend the event and would meet me but I missed the message and the hubs made the wasted trip to K's school before coming back home. Fyi, it happened to me before too.

So the hubs took over the showering of K while I apportioned the dinner I bought and prepared her high chair by the dinner table. Splitting chores make light work and the hubs and I know our duties well enough. Lol. 

The 'badminton date' between the hubs and I did not materialise because I had the other portion of the fried rice dinner and was quite full. So, hopefully, we do get down to playing it, someday. 

Standing outside the classroom looking at K got me very concerned. The girl and some other kids are so easily distracted by each other and K has not seen a lot of the words written on the whiteboard by the teacher. There was this other girl, maybe around K's age, came in later and the assistant sat her down beside K. Unlike the other children, she didn't have any workbook and I keep seeing her colouring or even writing on K's workbook. 

So when class ended, I asked the teacher if K is able to follow in class because if she can't, I'll not continue when this course ends and will probably put her in one that has much lesser children. So I was quite surprised that the teacher told me that K is actually quite good and can recognise a lot of the letters and write because some of the older kids can't. She even thought that K has probably attended some other classes before. With this feedback, I shared with the hubs that K is paying attention in her childcare and the phonics lessons provided in school.

Before we went for the class today, K remarked that she doesn't want to go anymore and it's only the 3rd lesson! She requested to be sent for music classes instead. Ok, we'll see....we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment