Wednesday 13 April 2016

I am supposed to be solo-parenting this week. Well, solo-parenting in the evenings, that is. But still, a handful! I left office early on Monday, thanks to the boss being on leave on Monday afternoon. But realise, I didn't have to as it doesn't make much of a difference because I took a bus to K's school and had to wait.

I started my plan to do some 'teaching' after our dinner but was quite frustrated in the middle of it. The hubs too, shows very visible frustration when he teaches K. This child, I suspect, will have to be tutored most of her schooling years. Because of my impatience, I disqualify being a SAHM and I am embarrassed. However, I must make an effort still. 

And when I was not yet half-way through my shower on Monday evening, the girl started knocking on the bathroom door, crying and asking for me to open the door. I had to let her in and she stood there, beside my drawn shower curtain. She has to have me in view otherwise she is so afraid being alone. I was so fed up with her that she apologised. Sigh.

So when the hubs called me yesterday evening while I was in the bus to pick K up, I was happy because unexpectedly, he was done with the workday and could pick the girl up. We met at IMM for dinner and a bit of window-shopping. 

Today will be my 2nd day of evening solo-parenting. I intend to continue doing more activities with her. I heard that a child's brain is most sponge-like at 3. Which means I've lost 1 year already so I better do as much as I can. Sometimes we avoid it because it seems to bring the worst out of us but at the end of the day, she's our only child and we need to 'cultivate' her and it's only through our one to one time spent with her that she appreciates. Not through buying of anything and leaving her on her own to play with them. What she needs is our time. If I can't do that for her now, I shall not expect her to show me hers when I'm old and lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment