Saturday 5 March 2016

Yesterday evening, after K slept, I tasked the hubs to blow some balloons and hang them up as well as the buntings and paper pom-poms while I prepare some of the food to be cooked for the party. 

And this morning, I woke up at the time I usually wake up for work and that is an hour and a half earlier than usual, given it's a weekend. I bathed and got started on cooking. With 4 hours of preparation time, I was able to prepare everything before the guests came. K didn't seem surprise when she went out to the living room after waking up and I had to make it sound exciting to her by telling her that we are having a party and her friends are coming! She was probably still not wide awake yet.
When it was 11am, no one arrived yet and she kept asking where were her friends. Finally, our first guests came. And then they started coming. My plans to have the children play a fishing game was somewhat put off-track by the hubs. Perhaps he was so excited too. Eventually the 5, 4 year-olds and 1 almost 2 year old somehow managed to get very entertained in K's playroom. I guess it's still easy to entertain them at this age and so I am not looking forward to them growing up and having more demands later.

When it was almost 12, we had to get the children to eat so that the parents will eat too. Lol. Because the almost 2 year old wanted to go home to nap, I had to tell the hubs to bring the pinata out. I really wonder where his mind was. The kids had fun whacking the faded Barney, faded quite beyond recognition and were so excited when the hubs helped to break it open and the treats fell out. 

Then we had cake cutting, design chosen by K but type of cake chosen by me because I pretty much have enough of cream cakes although K did say she wanted cream cakes. Hahahah. So it was a mash up theme of sorts. There was the Frozen goody bag, Barney pinata and Hello Kitty cake. 

We did not invite that many people because I won't be able to manage if it is a bigger group. But I'm glad I receive positive feedback that it was cosy because it's a small group. I'm glad my mummy friends were a sociable bunch who talked with one another. I so appreciate that and that Janice was so kind to assure me of a job well done. K's schoolmate's mom even said that she hopes for more gatherings like this! 
After the guests left, I quickly put K's clothes to wash and magic-cleaned the house while K played for a bit with the tub of fishes. After the hubs washed her up, the 3 of us took a good nap.

The 3rd SIL dropped by in the late afternoon as I had asked her to come by to pick up some food. There were so much left. I still have not mastered the skill of cooking the right amount yet but I guess more is better than less? And after our early dinner, the 3 of us went out to Harbour Font and had dessert before coming back home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment