Sunday 20 March 2016

We went out for dinner on Thursday because the weather was SO hot. We wanted to escape the hot air, the sun's strong rays and immerse ourselves in air-con comfort. We did the same on Friday too but for different reasons. On my way back home, I saw the hubs and K at the playground and didn't want to rush through my cooking so agreed with the hub's suggestion to eat out, again.

With news reports that the sun is not going to be easy on us for a while, we were out again after I did K's laundry yesterday morning. We had lunch at the mall nearby and then went further to Kallang Wave Mall. The Victor's dropped by for a drink and also gave K a belated birthday present of yet another 'My Little Pony' set. Although the hubs and I do not indulge her, many others do. Maybe because they pity her? Lol.....

When the Victors went off for their next appointment, the 3 of us had dinner and then went to catch a swimming competition at club level. Something different to expose the girl with. And then we're home after almost the whole day out. 

And after church today, we went to visit Ivy's mum who had a fall. The fall was quite bad and had her bleeding from her head. Ivy shared with me that the nurses at the hospital mentioned that she cannot afford another one. When we reached their home, they were learning how to maneuver and fold the new wheelchair that they have bought. And because the old lady is so thin and weak, Ivy decided to let her put on adult diapers. It's not because she is not able to control herself but because the elderly couple stay on their own and my SIL's trying to think of the best way to manage the situation. It's so sad.

Awhile after the hubs, Tim and the kids helped fix rubber grips under the legs of the plastic chairs and stools around the house, we left. Thankfully, K slept in the car and all the way up as she didn't take any nap yesterday. 

I took advantage of the hot hot weather to launder the bedsheets while the hubs and K napped. The only person who didn't, despite being able to, was me! Poor me. Anyhow, thankfully K woke up in time and we were off again for a dinner invite by the Whites at their club. We had a good dinner with the Whites and Victors and then the 3 older girls went to bowl, with the 3 fathers joining shortly after. When we parted ways, it was already almost 9pm. I hope I get a good night's sleep tonight for the new work week tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment