Wednesday 23 March 2016

Conversations with K

Children, they all grow up too quickly. Thankfully, I am not at the stage where I am asking when will she ever grow up. I just wish she doesn't!

I give K her bottle of milk every weekday morning at about 7am. A slow way to wake her up for school. Sometimes, she dream-feeds, sometimes she'll wake up by the time she empties her milk bottle. A lot of times, she asks me to sit with her and holds my hand while she drinks her fuel for the day. But it is also during this time, I go back to the kitchen and have my milk fix too. And I always tell her to drink first while I go switch off the kitchen lights. But I'll usually stay there, finish my milk and what-not before I go back to the room.

One day, after my usual excuse, she decided to stomp into the kitchen to check on me! 

K: I thought you said you come to switch off the light??!!
Me: *giggling* Ok, ok, I'm done. Let's go.

***********************************************************************

The other day in the car. We were talking as usual and again, I told her I don't want her to grow up because she wants to be 5, then 6, then 11. Her answer caught me off-guard and we ended up hugging each other.....awhhhh..

K: But even if I grow up, I'll still be your baby what.

************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment