Monday 7 March 2016

After the usual lunch with Jerry's family, Jeremy and Ivy yesterday after church, we went back home and napped. I was still trying to recover from the tiredness on Saturday. When we got up, I mopped the house because I was simply too tired to do so on Saturday.

And then we went out for dinner as well as to drop by the travel agency to enquire about a possible short-trip to Batam. K's centre is closed this Friday and the hubs and I have taken the day off. Since it is so, I very much would like to go somewhere. Otherwise no point having the 2 of us take leave at the same time right? I didn't mind going back to Malacca but the hubs wasn't so keen and any other place I suggested in Malaysia, he wasn't either. So, he suggested Batam although there isn't much to do there either. Well, not shopping at least. Anyway, we almost booked a hotel there until they needed our passport details, which we didn't have on hand. So, I guess we will have to either book the hotel on our own, which will be cheaper and manage our own ferry tickets.

The last time we went to Batam as a family was just after K turned 1. So it's been 3 years since and this time, we are going just by ourselves. We've been on too many trips with too many people and with too many people, there's always bound to be waiting around, time wasting. And of course, trying to accommodate to everyone else. So finally, this time we are free to roam anywhere and at our own time, own target. With us finally settling in our new home, we are ready to plan for a longer trip this year. So let's see where our whims takes us.

On another note, baby girl is no longer a baby but will still be so in the eyes of the hubs and I. Gave away a bag of her toddler shoes which I've kept in the shoe cabinet for memory. But I realise it's really just taking space. Besides, her shoe lover mummy has gotten her more pairs of shoes and thus, need to clear some space in K's shoe shelf. Hopefully, some less advantaged child has some use for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment