Saturday 19 July 2014

We went to the River Safari and the Zoo today with Jerry's family. The hubs, who still can't walk long distances yet, went to his 2nd brother's place while we were at the zoo.

Jerry, who went for the boat ride recently at the River Safari, volunteered to sit-out so that he can take care of K, who has not reached the minimum height. When we were at the River Safari the first time, the boat ride was not ready yet. So this time round, we re-visited the pandas as well.

At the zoo, we got to enjoy 2 shows this time. The usual 'Rainforest fights back', which is K's 3rd time and her first at the 'Elephant Show', which she enjoyed thoroughly. When the show ended, we had to go off as I had told the hubs to pick us up at 4.30pm.

While we were walking to the White Tiger enclosure towards the exit, I took a hard fall and bruised my knees while carrying K!!! The culprit, a 2 by 2cm long stick! I was carrying her and couldn't see right in front of my foot and I took the tumble. As I was carrying her, she fell on her back and I was so so worried that she may have knocked her head on the small pebbled ground. Jerry quickly picked her up and the 3rd SIL and him started checking on her head for swelling, bleeding or redness. I on the other hand, had difficulty standing up and to think the 3 kids were not at hand to hold me up! Hmpf. Anyhow, I have quite a bad abrasion on my left knee that did not stop bleeding until the evening. My right knee is bruised too with scratches and so is the 'padding' on my left hand and right knuckles.

When Jerry and his family walked me towards the hubs' car, K had already cried herself asleep on Jerry's shoulders. I was tearing but trying to hide it. When Jerry's family walked off to their car, I cried while in the hub's car.

When we reached home, K was crying a bit again and was telling the hubs where it hurt on her head. Worrying that she might get a fever, I let her sit in the tub to play while bathing her. Thankfully, she told us she was ok after that. The hubs later applied iodine on my knees and it was so painful!

It is so scary especially when a child is concerned. The hubs says no more zoo trips when he's not around. Thankfully God is keeping watch, although of course he allows for things to happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment