Saturday 26 July 2014

Already feeling a little down with cough, I had a sudden attack of the flu bug half-way at work yesterday. But it still didn't stop me from meeting the hubs and K for dinner outside. Afterall, I cook Mondays to Thursdays and Fridays are meant to be a day of rest from the cooking as well as not needing to look at the time as we can all sleep in the next day. That is, if K sleeps in. 

Anyway, we had dinner at Raffles Place this evening as I wanted to check out the the building that has completed renovation but was disappointed that most of the outlets at the food level were not opened! We ended up eating at a nearby food court where there were only about 4 stalls opened! After the quick dinner, we took a stroll towards the waterfront area and saw a huge crowd already there! 

Earlier, while we were looking for a place to eat, we saw the Singapore Lions aka the parachutist up in the sky and had planned to bring K to the waterfront to see what we can catch from the NDP rehearsals. However while waiting for the fireworks, I started having a headache and unfortunately was not able to enjoy myself as much despite the lovely weather. *Bummer* 

But I stayed on, just so that K could experience the sight and sounds of the beautiful fireworks. Having said that, I do not understand how some parents can bring their infants for such 'thunderous' events. I also cannot understand why some parents bring their young toddler to the cinema. For the sake of their own enjoyment, they inconvenience others.

No comments:

Post a Comment