Sunday 6 July 2014

How did my full week of waking up early, sending & picking K to/from school go? Exhausting! Coupled with the monthly flow, it was physically draining to say the least. And while I wasn't guaranteed a seat when I was carrying K in my full term, carrying a toddler with a bag on top of my own handbag did nothing to beg me a seat either! 

To be fair, there are 1 or 2 commuters who would give up their seats for me but there are times too, I had to remind K to hold on tight to the hand rail. When we were on our way home on Friday, I decided to take the next bus as the first was crazy crowded. But the 2nd bus took a while to come and not wanting K to get too hungry, we ended up standing at the entrance of the bus. 

Having gone through this, I really salute moms and pops who have to travel by public transport with their child or children every working day! I'm sure their child is used to the squeeze and the crowd and then everything just falls into place. 

I know I shouldn't be complaining. It only makes me reflect on how blest I have been and to learn to appreciate what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment