Thursday 17 July 2014

Racial Harmony Day will be observed on 21st July, the coming Monday. We were given a memo early this week and parents were asked to bring snacks like muffins, muruku, dumplings etc so that the children know and can enjoy the different food snacks enjoyed by the different races in Singapore.

K's school is certainly multi-racial. They have a Japanese, India Indians, Caucasian mixed Chinese and then not forgetting my very own Namaste mixed Chinese, other than the usual suspects. The hubs' cousin bought K a 'Nepalese' outfit when he went back sometime back but K doesn't like to wear it one bit. I don't blame her. It consists of a pair of long pants and long sleeve top and the material is a little scratchy and thick.

The hubs wants to buy her something but I told him not to bother as she will probably only get to wear it once. I asked K if she'll like to go in a cheong-sam, which she has, 'handed-me down'. And she is more than willing to do so. So, I guess that will be her outfit for her school's Racial Harmony Day, which she'll probably wear again come CNY 2015. Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment