Friday 6 June 2014

I had such a pleasant experience when I collected my passport at the ICA early thing morning. It was such a breeze and made me feel so proud of our efficiency. Well, I can't say the same when I arrived at 7.45am and saw a snaking queue all the way to the back of the building though.

Having made the first appointment to collect my passport at 8.15am, I had to leave the house before the hubs and K. The hubs even suggested that I leave before K sees me, lest she will not let me go. Although I reached ICA a good 1/2 an hour before the first appointment slot, there were so many people who were already in the queue and lots more who came after me. They started letting us into the building itself at 8am.

I took the escalator up, scanned my IC, collected my queue number and went into the service area. Just as I stepped in to check the queue numbers that were called up, my number came up and off I went to the counter. Within 5 minutes, I had my new passport and off to work I went. I realised a lot of people were there for other reasons as the floor where passports collection is, was not crowded.

Anyway, I even managed to arrive work at almost the same time I usually do. And my Manager didn't even remember that I had told her that I might be in the office slightly later because of this.

Anyhow, the building had a fire drill exercise in the late afternoon and under the insistence of one of the expats, all of us were 'made' to 'evacuate' our office. I can already feel the strain and muscle aches in my calves from the 27 floor descent. Urgh....I cannot imagine how it'll be tomorrow. *bleah*

No comments:

Post a Comment