Thursday 19 June 2014

I had to pick K from school yesterday as the hubs had to work late. Everything went relatively smooth on our way home. As usual, we had dinner at the coffee-shop downstairs our block and K wanted to eat some more after she finished about 1 1/2 bowls. We went home and I made a slice of home-made bread with jam for her, followed by a slice of cheese and when that was still not enough, I had to spread jam on a slice of wholemeal bread for her.

Fearing that she may have eaten too much and get a tummy-ache, I did not allow her to eat anymore and she bawled. Her milk feed was less than an hour's time. But what do we know! She woke up at midnight for milk and we used the delay tactic again but it didn't last long. We had to give in.

Today, we met up with the Victors, who have just returned from their 3 week holiday in England, and the Whites. K ate quite a bit. She had porridge where I picked quite a variety of ingredients such as cuttlefish, meatball, oyster etc for her 'main' and then she had so much fruits after that. When we reached home, it was already past 9 and she had her last milk feed late and she slept all the way through!

Hurray!! I'm not sure if it's because she was simply too tired or otherwise. Gaye and Deb advised that she probably didn't have enough to fill her tummy. But I was worried that she eats too much although the hubs did remind ourselves that K knows when to stop. But a toddler with a tummy-ache is not easy to manage either. My SIL, Ivy, says we shouldn't try to make her too thin. (!!) Like duh....who's even thinking of that! 

Anyhow, I'll start giving her some snacks or fruits after dinner as there is only that much of an appetite she has for her main meal. :p

1 comment:

  1. It is a good thing that K has a good appetite. You have no idea how stressful when a kid goes through a food or milk strike. Of course, you are right in not over feeding her and sometimes obesity starts at a young age with improper eating habits. Re toddlers knowing when to stop when they are full, I think its true but sometimes also doubt it coz like us adults, we may feel full but greedy and keep eating until we are over-full.. makes sense?

    I wouldn't worry too much and will give in to her milk or food request for now. B dislikes milk and is down to 2 milk feeds a day most days. I much prefer he take a mid day feed but doesn't always happens. I guess most importantly is they are growing well and healthy?

    ReplyDelete