Saturday 7 June 2014

I caught up with an ex-colleague who left the previous company much earlier than me at the airport today. I had told K that we were going to the airport last night and it confirms my thoughts that we shouldn't tell her our plans until the day itself anymore. Maybe only tell her an hour or so before the actual event even.

She woke up at 6.30am for her milk and couldn't continue sleeping after that. She usually continues sleeping when she asks for milk so early but today, no! I had wanted to sleep in cos it's a non-working day today right? And furthermore, I was on the computer till late last night. But the hubs had an event at work and left at 6am, leaving me no choice but to entertain K.

So K & I met my ex-colleague at 11ish, had lunch and we brought K around the airport. She loves the airport! Before we left, we even brought her to the kids play area. She was so knackered that when we finally got a seat in the train, on our way back home, she slept within 5 minutes. Joanne was so amused that K dozed off so fast and was snoring!

The hubs who had called me while we were still at the airport on the way to the train station, asked if I needed him to pick us up. With the distance from our home to the airport, I didn't want to linger around the airport anymore. 

Thankfully, it poured at our place although it stopped by the time we reached the train station and the hubs met us there with a crazy huge umbrella. K was still fast asleep and was weighing a tonne on my shoulders. I quickly handed her over to the hubs when I saw him. And she continued sleeping even when we reached home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment