Friday 27 June 2014

After the hubs' usual routine of sending K to school this morning, he admitted himself to the hospital for a scheduled knee surgery.

When I reached the office, I told my Manager that I"ll probably be coming in later to work for the next 2 weeks and at 4ish, she kept asking if I was going to visit the hubs at the hospital. I had not thought of that because the hubs said not to. But at the Manager's constant urging, I left work early and paid the hubs a quick visit, which he was happy with. As I had to rush off to pick K up, I had to go off after about 20 minutes and went to the taxi stand. There was no taxi in sight and the queue at the main hospital building was crazily long! Thankfully, the hospital has a train stop now and on hind sight, I should have headed to the train station immediately. The journey was faster even if I have managed to catch a taxi, given that it was the after-office peak hours.

Anyway to digress, while on my train ride to the hospital earlier, the 2nd SIL messaged me to tell me an unfortunate news that she had miscarried. She was in her early 2nd trimester and had been bleeding throughout the pregnancy and was admitted to hospital once or twice before. She had shared that the baby was a boy but thankfully, there was no major impact of her own personal health after the 'delivery'.

I wished I could see her and be with her but I guess not till at least the hubs recovers from his knee operation. For now, I can only provide her some words of comfort and to let her know that I'm available when she needs to talk. :(

1 comment: