Thursday 13 February 2014

Half the world seems to be having flu and I finally had to succumb to the dreaded bug. The clinic 'made' me pay an additional $6 for a miserly 20 tabs of chewable Vit C, which is not covered by my company's insurance. I had rejected it at first but was too sick to argue with the staff and decided to pay for it and make my way home.

Slept through the afternoon and felt a lot better. In fact, having had the symptoms of flu coming my way, I had consulted the GP on Monday and took the medication. But I still continued working. But this morning, my body was too tired. I need the rest.

Although I had a mask on yesterday, I'm hoping and praying baby K do not get infected by me. She's already having a bit of a runny nose and I hope it stays as that. Having a sick child is tough. Not only are they not allowed to attend school, the hubs and I have to take turns taking care of her at home. And because they can't manage it themselves, it can become a challenge to us when we have to constantly take her temperature and make sure she has lots of rest.

Oh dreaded flu, go far far away.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, sooo poor thing!! :( Should have taken a day off on Monday. Now worse.

    ReplyDelete