Tuesday 3 July 2018

Last Friday, we had a bento making session organised by HPB and the building management. The few of us tenants who signed up thought we will be taught how to make bento but it ended up with us 'designing' our own bento with ill-equipped accessories. Who uses metal cookie cutter for moulding rice? Shouldn't we use a proper mould such as a jelly mould? But anyhow, we had 'fun' while it lasted.
After ballet on Saturday, we decided to alight at Bukit Batok MRT station to utilise some restaurant vouchers that we had but were told that it was Youth Day the next day so vouchers cannot be used. So we window shopped and I then saw a shop that does ear piercing. The girl has been telling me that she wants to pierce her ears some weeks back but every time we are out, she hesitates and asks me again how would the pain be.

When we met the eldest bro and SIL last Sunday, she didn't want to have her ears pierced in front of them. Besides I didn't see any ear piercing shop either. So finally, when I chanced upon 1, we went in to enquire and I was turned off by the cost of the earrings, no wonder the piercing service is free! While seated on the stool, the girl started sobbing and it went full blast when the lady merely marked her ear lobes. I was ready to say let's do it another time but the husband kept assuring the girl that it's ok together with the sales staff. At 1 point, the girl screamed so loudly that the people near the opposite shops turned and looked. 

It's funny how the girl anticipated the pain and thought of the worst. I guess that's how many of us are. Now, we have to apply the ear cleaning solution for 6 weeks and return on Saturday for a 'review'. It cost slightly over $100 and my heart is feeling the pain. This month I spent quite a bit on shopping. No more spending for the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment