Tuesday 10 July 2018

The girl's childcare brought the K2s to visit a nearby primary school this morning. And because they were required to report to the centre early, we had to wake the girl up at 6:30am, just about 1/2 hour earlier than usual. 

There were also some other childcare centres involved too and she bumped into her HYPY and art friends at the neighbouring primary school.

When I got home after exercise class yesterday, I asked her what she saw and did. And then when it came to the question of what she ate during recess time, she used up the $2 that we were told to give them.

She ate a plate of beehoon, 1 char-siew pau and a cup of cold milo. Then she bought a packet of snacks. The hubs was surprised she could spend all that with just $2. I said perhaps the beehoon was just a small plate that's why when she went back to the centre, she had some more food and 3 slices of papaya. I'm glad she ate something because the other 2 girls in her class, only bought snacks with the money. 

While most of her childcare friends seem to be registering for this neighbourhood school, the hubs and I have decided to register her at another, which is supposed to have a 'higher' standard. Since we are not keen on sending her to our alumni, might as well get a 'better' neighbourhood school. I think we hear enough to not embrace the 'every school is a good school' catch phrase by some minister. We are also not exactly elitist to send her to our almuni either. I never use to think much about neighbourhood schools but age has made me wiser, I suppose.

Anyhow, we are monitoring the registration at the different phases and hopefully, there are more then enough come our turn, at the school of our choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment