Wednesday 20 December 2017

With some balance left in my medical allowance, I brought the girl to the dentist yesterday. I've read that once a child starts growing teeth, that should be the start of their first dental visit. But I do not agree unless the child has issues. Wanting to give her a good experience at a clinic which caters to children so that she does not grow up with fear of visiting dentists in future, I searched and found 1 near home.

I left work earlier so that I could fetch her for the 5pm appointment. All in all, she had a good experience. The young dentist even referred to herself as 'jie-jie' and got her to 'play' with some of the equipment as well as allowed her to move her chair up and down. With this, I am pretty confident that I can bring her for dental consultation at a 'normal' dentist next time
Glad to report that her teeth are in good condition.

I had to fetch the girl again today as the hubs had to work late. His work project has started and he has pre-empt me to expect more late hours in the office for him. Which means I will have to pick the girl up more often. Thankfully, M had returned to Jerry's 2 weeks' back. She told the eldest brother that she was bored at my place but she did say before coming over that she will move back once she recovers. So in that sense, I do not feel like I need to rush home to cook dinner or ensure that M has dinner. It was quite a mad rush for me that 1 month M was putting up at our place and from now, we can make impromptu plans. 

So today, after signing off at the girl's school, I allowed her to play at the newly constructed playground in front of the childcare centre. It was closed for several months after they tore the old playground down and in it's place, a very nice one is built. 
The hubs then called at 6pm to say that he can get off work and we ended up going to IMM for dinner and some shopping. What we used to do when we had our car.

No comments:

Post a Comment