Wednesday 13 December 2017

The girl's centre was closed on Monday and because Tim wanted to bring her out, I asked the eldest SIL if the girl could stay over at their place on Sunday and then Tim can bring her out the next day and send her home. Thankfully, the eldest SIL was ever accomodating.

So on Sunday, the hubs and I parted ways with the eldest brother, SIL and the girl at the train station, especially since the west train line was closed for the day and there was the circle line there that could bring us nearer home. Although we still had to change to a 1/2 hour bus ride.

The hubs and I took a glorious nap and for the longest time, I did not have to be concerned about dinner. After putting on some weight and have to clear so many clothes that I can no longer fit in, I was contented with just a pear, an apple and 2 cubes of brownies that Lynn had baked. I did not even bother about the hubs' request to make him something to eat. What?? Have I not served them enough every other day? Sunday evening was truly a time for me to relax and that's not to say I did not do anything at all. I still mopped the house, brought down the laundry and folded them.

Tim brought the girl to the Science Centre yesterday and he brought her for a movie too. Both, firsts for the girl. And then we met for dinner at the mall. 

My 'break' has ended. The girl has been frustrating me a lot lately and I am feeling like the worst mum ever. I have been raising my voice at her, and if that is not enough, I shout. I speak sarcastically to her at times that when I reflect, fear that she will grow up being a mean and sarcastic person. She hardly listens to instructions and doesn't even answer us on so many occasions. Although we never went through the 'terrible 2' stage with her, I do not know what it is now. It is like she is at her worst stage right now. I think I know why I do not have another child. God probably knows my limited capabilities and patience. HE has shown much Grace and Favour even providing me with 1.

Surely I am still in need of his Grace to guide me through this. That the girl will grow up to be a fine lovely lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment