Saturday 9 December 2017

Finally caught up with Lynn Chan ever since she came by to my place during CNY early this year. We used to be closed when we worked at the airport together and even after but we are not so close as we used to be. Of course leading different lives altogether has a great impact on how we view things. She is still that single, career driven lady while I am still the laid back person that I was.

With the hubs meeting his pre-U mates yesterday, I made use of the day to meet up with Lynn, who has finally left her job which was really giving her stress. Although I told her that unfortunately I cannot stay for long because I am bringing the girl along, we still parted ways about 9ish.

I had wanted to stick to an earlier timing but how to, when one hasn't spoken to a friend for so long?

Anyway, I had to because the girl really needed the early sleep, which was not to be, because this year she is participating in her school's graduation concert for the K2s. We were instructed to give them breakfast at home and be at the centre at 7.50am. All K had when she woke up was her milk and cod liver oil, which filled her up. I was worried that she'll get hungry but the teachers told the children no eating after applying lipstick..(!!!) 

The costume was strange and the make-up was horrible. The hubs commented that they should have parent volunteers to apply the make-up. The teachers told me they were afraid that different make-up shades are used but I would think it could be better managed if they simply inform the colours to be used.
I teared when the K2 'graduates' marched through the aisle to go on stage and sang their graduating song. Next year, the tears will be full blast, I reckon. Heck, I teared when I attended Josh's K2 graduating concert and when I picked him up in his early days in Primary 1. But I'm sure he is not even aware of it. 

Anyhow, K enjoyed herself, having a few main lines in her centre's play. After the concert, we had lunch with the parents of 3 of her classmates and after lunch, we brought them all up to the roof top play area. 

We had to cut short the fun because we had to buy a gift for Gaye's mum who is celebrating her 90th birthday in the evening. We had no idea what to buy and ended up with a festive hamper of biscuits, chocolates and treats. I had tasked the girl to make her a card as well.

Thankfully, the girl as well as the hubs had their afternoon nap while I put her laundry to wash and washed the balcony after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment