Sunday 24 December 2017

How has your Christmas celebration been?

On Friday evening, I fetched the girl from school and met the hubs at home because when he called me to say that he didn't have to stay late, I was already in the bus, a few stops away from the girl's school. We went out again after changing at home and headed to the airport because I had wanted to bring the girl see the Sanrio decorations at the airport. We made it just as the drone show started and the girl and I were able to squeeze a spot right in front. We even spent enough at the airport to buy the Little Twin Stars plush toy pair.

On Saturday, the hubs went off in the morning to help the eldest brother clear the church premise and brought back home more than I had requested for! Urgh...my house is in a mess now. And then in the afternoon, it was ballet before we headed to the Victors' for their Christmas dinner. When we were in the car going for ballet, the girl told us that she didn't want to continue the new ballet term. Although I complain about it, I also don't want her to just drop out like that. I don't want her to have such a casual attitude towards anything. Picking up what she likes at her whim and fancy and ditching it without any thought. She needs to learn how to persevere. On the other hand I felt that I should not have given her a choice. Because when I don't, she usually partakes of it without resistance and whenever I ask, she always says no.

And then after ballet, it was off to the Victor's for their Christmas invite with friends. Thankfully we had the car so we do not have to lug a whole bag of presents with us on public commute. While walking away from the car to their block, the bottle of whiskey that the hubs was carrying fell out from it's container! He was carrying it the wrong side up! Hiaz.

After church service on Sunday, there was a sumptuous buffet lunch spread and we hung around for a bit before heading back to the eldest brother's. The rest of the family started streaming in from 5ish and we had a good family time together. We all could stay quite late because we didn't have to work the next day as the actual Christmas Day holiday falls on the Monday instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment