Monday 2 October 2017

The hubs wanted to go to his parents' home on Saturday morning to deliver the kueh lapis he bought at his golfing trip in Batam, as well as a bottle of home-made pickled veg that Gaye helped him order. With Saturdays being quite busy for me now, I suggested going over to his parents on Friday evening instead. Since the hubs could not make it back in time to pick K from school, I suggested meeting him at his parent's block instead. 

After work on Friday, I took the express bus to the girl's school, picked her up, went home to change as well as pick up the stuff that the hubs had wanted to bring over to his parent's. I told him since we no longer have the car, to not buy anymore food stuff for them. Imagine to always have to send them over before the food turns bad. I told him to buy them non-perishables instead. Since he seems so into buying clothes for his mother recently, *rolleseyes*

The bus journey to the in-laws took merely 10-15 minutes from in front of our house and took another 5 minutes to walk to their block. The hubs bought dinner from his workplace and met K and I at the foot of his parents' block.

We had packed dinner with them, watched a bit of tv and left at 8:30pm. Short and sweet, like how I like it. Lol.

Saturday, I had no idea where time flew. By the time we came back from lunch with M, who came out of the lift just as we were waiting to go for lunch, it was already 2ish and I had to bathe and change to bring the girl for her ballet class.

All I remember doing in the morning was put K's laundry to wash and washed the balcony. I have no idea where the rest of the time went. M followed us to the CC but we went separate ways after it ended because we had a barbeque at his Nepalese cousin's condo to celebrate the Nepali New Year.

We took the train to Bishan where the youngest SIL picked us up and we went to the east together. I think I prefer gatherings with the Nepalese side because it is a cosier group of people compared to the big number from the MIL's side and they are ALWAYS gambling! And in a way, the Nepalese side is closer in blood terms also.

We left at 9ish, hitched a ride from the youngest SIL again to the train station and rode the long train ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment