Wednesday 18 October 2017

It was a 1/2 day session at the girl's school yesterday and since I've taken the Children's Day off, it was the hubs' turn for yesterday. And a mother of another child, the girl's K1 mate, had text the hubs' about bringing her child over. However, she added that she will pick her daughter up at 6pm, which meant that she was not going to be around!

I was quite shocked as I would not in my wildest dream leave K alone in an environment I am not familiar with. Especially since it was only the hubs around with 2 girls! I trust the man but little children can say the most nonsensical things. The hubs too agree that he would never do the same. While we welcome K's friends to come over for play dates, we felt that the mother should have practiced more caution? I guess she trusts us. It is a different story if we are close friends.

Anyhow, as much as I wanted to leave work early I couldn't. The 2 girls had so much fun and the surprising thing was both even napped! During this time, the hubs was even able to cook dinner. The other girl's mother reached our home slightly after I did and even stayed for a while, just because the child did not want to leave yet. The hubs' had good sense in him to cook extra rice because the girl ended up wanting to eat dinner at our place. So her mother hung around. It was 7:30pm when they left and shortly after, Esther popped at our front door.

K definitely had a day of surprises. I had planned for Esther to stay over especially since she has finished her exams and having not seen the 3 siblings in a while, it was nice to have her come by to play with her little cousin. K has mentioned on few occasions that she has not seen her cousin for so long and I guess she misses her.

And today, we had another achievement unlocked! We took the public transport to the zoo and the journey turned out to be quite fast! We took the train to CCK and changed to a bus. Altogether, it was only about 30-40 minutes travelling time. Almost similar to driving.

Since the hubs' had with him 2 corporate passes from his office, he could sign in another 4 guests. So he was looking out for people he could extend the invite to. I told him to look out for foreign workers rather than the tourists that he was initially targetting. Tourists are here to spend their tourist dollar while the foreign workers hardly have days off to relax and the entrance fee is quite steep, in my opinion. So eventually he managed to bless a foreign worker and his foreign girlfriend. They were so happy and so would I be, if I were them.

We spent almost 6 hours at the zoo, taking in a show that we never caught before. It being a public holiday, the zoo was very crowded. But thankfully for the vastness in space, it didn't matter. Although it was scorching hot, I'm thankful too because the rain would have dampen our moods and we would not have been able to see as many animals. This time round, K and her cousin had the opportunity to pat 'free-roaming' monitor lizards, a snake, 2 dogs, a rat, a ferret and a rabbit.

And then we went back home the same way how we went to the zoo. The 3rd SIL came by to pick Esther up after dinner and K was so knackered, although she didn't show it, she took under 5 minutes to doze off.

No comments:

Post a Comment