Sunday 29 October 2017

The hubs invited the Victors and Whites for dinner on Friday evening at the club. Although I work further from home, I leave work earlier and so volunteered to pick the girl from school, go home for a change and meeting the hubs and our friends for dinner. I rather the travel then to stay in the office waiting for time to pass. Somehow the girl and I met Debs and her daughter at the club lobby and we were the last ones to arrive. Her husband too, went to the club directly after work.

And yesterday, the girl only had abacus in the morning. There is a break for her ballet and finally, it wasn't such a rush Saturday. As the hubs had an event at work, I sent the girl for abacus and came home to do whatever I needed to do before I had to pick her up again.

I cooked soup noodles for her lunch and M came with E a little later. I allowed K to play a while with her cousin while I mopped the house and in between couldn't help raising my voice at M who speaks so harshly about people. I felt bad after that. When I was done with the chores, I made K take her nap while M and E were still around and I napped too. 

When the hubs came home, the 3 of us went out shortly while M and E made their way back. 

We then took the train ride to the Pannu's for their Deepavali invite. It has been a long while since we connected back with them although I did meet up with the Pannu wife and daughter with K some months back. We met the Victors at their house and basically spent the evening there. The slight  headache I was nursing from the afternoon became worse and when we reached our block, I threw up a little downstairs and the hubs was quite sloshed by the time he washed up. *rollseyes*

Surprisingly, we still made it in time for church today. We were back again at the club for late lunch but this time with the eldest brother and SIL. We had so much that I had indigestion after that. Lol. 

They followed us home and I had to force the girl to take her afternoon nap again, especially since we came back so late last night and had to wake her up for church this morning. When I woke up, the eldest brother and his wife have left for home.

As much difficulty I had to make the girl nap, it was equally hard to get her to wake up. Her classmate's mother had gifted us with an invite to a mall's Halloween party and I had promised to bring her.

We did finally leave the house, like we were forcing her to. Sigh...some things we do as parents. She did eventually enjoy herself. There was a cute laughing pumpkin lamp as a door gift, a photo booth, a laser tag game, another game that required her to shoot the cards as well as a felt bag making station. After that, we went to some of the shops that were participating in the mall's event and collected candies.
                                    
Another fun weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment