Sunday 24 September 2017

The hubs has gone on a 3 days golfing trip to Batam with his friends and so I planned a meet up with 2 ex-colleagues on Friday. 1 of them whom I happened to bump into when I was at the train station near home, on my way to work one morning. She has moved to a new condo development further up from the train station and takes the train from the one nearer to my place now. As for the other colleague, I've met up with her after we left the family business but not of late and since the 3 of us stay in the west, it was convenient. 

I brought the girl along with me, of course, and met the other 2 ladies at Westgate. After dinner, we had dessert, which was mainly for K. While Joleen took the train back home, SK and us took the feeder bus back. With so much happening at Jurong East now, there is no need at all to venture out further for a good meal over a good chat.

Saturday morning, I did the usual chores and suggested a tea-party with K's 'friends'. I carried her red table to her room where she set up the food, cake and propped her friends up on her stool. It was such a pretty photo moment with the bright colours from all that plastic food, blocks and toys. Lol....at least I made her happy. I was even able to make us lunch! Then it was pack up time, shower and while waiting for her hair to dry, I allowed her to watch some edutainment on the laptop.

Before I knew it, it was time to head out for her ballet class. There was a Malay language festival going on in the CC and so we spent some time there when her ballet class ended. K & I did a craft work each and she watched a traditional dance performed by students too. It is so nice that despite it being catered to the Malays, other races were made to feel welcomed when they reach out to the others to take part in the activities. Some of the volunteers were also from the other races.
I had wanted to do some grocery shopping but was not able to as K was hungry and we went straight home to get tabao.

And today, we took the bus to church. Almost the same time spent as the train journey but I think it's more comfortable because we both got seats throughout although the bus did travel through many places. But K enjoyed it because we passed through Little India and saw the beautiful Deepavali decorations, with her favourite elephants. We took the same route for our journey home.

The hubs came home in the late afternoon and we met the youngest BIL and family for dinner at IMM. They had gone to the relative married to the frenchman's home to get 'advise' on their December trip to Paris/London. Don't ask me what. It still perplexes me what kind of advise they were looking for when everything is available in the www. But since they called, we met them and went grocery shopping at the same time. They sent us home and we lent them our winter jackets at the same time.

And then it's back to the grind. Lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment