Sunday 25 December 2016

We spent the whole of yesterday at home, just to do some 'spring-cleaning'. We had dinner at Jem and also did some grocery shopping.

Today at church was like a family affair. It was only the 2 brothers' family and mine who were present. The rest of the church members were all overseas. Thus the usual church Christmas lunch and gift exchange were scrapped off and since the eldest SIL already ordered a log cake, it was shared amongst us. And then we all adjourn to the usual coffee shop for lunch.

While Jerry's family and the eldest SIL went back to his place, the rest came to mine to rest. Well, actually just the eldest brother, Tim and Bev. After making her pasta sauce, the eldest SIL called for the eldest brother to pick up the sauce. And she wanted to come over as well so she can rest a bit.

I started preparing at about 4, which in my personal opinion, was early but everyone else came at 4ish! The 2nd SIL, with her good intentions, helped me out in the kitchen but it ended up with me thinking that I should have started preparing a lot earlier so I could do things my own way. But like what I said, she has her good intentions.
 

There was so much food although the 2nd SIL had whatsapped me privately asking me if there would be enough. In the end, there was so much left over! 

After the food, was the gift exchange which, we played the same way last year and in our previous church. It does not fail to add laughter and great fun. I think my brothers would have wanted to stay longer that's why all of them came so early this year but the night does not wait. When everyone left, the eldest brother helped me mop the entire house! My eldest SIL, never fails to help me with the washing. The 2 of them stayed over and we viewed photos from our Tokyo trip till almost midnight. Even K.

We had a great family time this Christmas. And I hope you had a blessed one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment