Thursday 8 December 2016

As if I wasn't busy enough, I had to take half a day off work today. December is always the busiest month at work, for me. We have to process payroll much earlier, include our AWS in staff salary, send reminders to everyone to submit their claims and then some. 

But of course I am happy also that Bev sought after my help to be her guarantor for hew new job. What job requires a guarantor??!! SIA lor. I had Jerry be mine many years ago so I better not be ungrateful about it. I had planned to go back home so that I can cook dinner at a leisure pace after the deed was done but well, Bev asked me to accompany her for her uniform fitting. And so cooking was not to be.

The niece had my usual bubble tea waiting for me when we met and then treated me to Sakae Sushi while waiting for an available seamstress. She remembers that I brought her there when she was much younger. While she was in primary school and now, my niece is almost in her mid 20s, taking on her first job. Such nostalgia. I think I must set aside time to bring the other younger nephews and nieces out on a weekday school holiday once again. Such bonding time with them is priceless. When Tim brought us out for dinner for my birthday recently, he wrote me a card to say he will always remember the times I used to bring him out during his school holidays and buying christmas presents for everyone. It's touching to know they remember. But ever since K, I hardly had time to do that anymore. I do miss those sessions though.

Anyhow, I accompanied Bev to the company tailor and was with her throughout the fitting. She was measured and the uniforms are really all made to measure. It is no over the rack sizing. What is made for you is for you exclusively. No one else can fit into it, well, unless she is of the exact same size as you right down to the bust, butt and tummy area.
Bev is so happy. For us it's an 'upgrade' of sorts from a budget carrier to a full-fledged one. She is fortunate too, to be able to work for the budget carrier under her poly's internship program and be able to continue on a part-time basis even after graduation.

I only pray that she remains resolute and continue to trust in God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment