Tuesday 27 December 2016

I had wanted to go to the ice-skating rink after the Christmas party at home but everyone except me thinks it's not possible. They were right....I was exhausted at the end of the day and only took a shower when the clock past midnight. Anyhow, am so grateful that the eldest brother helped mopped the entire house and I could wake up feeling relaxed on Boxing Day.

Esther who had her cousin from Malaysia, from the SIL's side, stay over, had planned for some skating on Boxing Day and suggested to me to join them instead because it was cheaper too. I had wanted to go on Christmas Day because they had some Christmas special going on. But anyhow, I brought the girl along and this is our 2nd time at the rink. The patient husband sweetly sat rink-side for that almost 2 hours while we or I glided happily. K tried standing and walking on the skates for awhile but otherwise sat on the skating aid for almost the whole time. Esther and her cousin fell a few times and Josh joined us a while later. I didn't buy all the nephews and nieces anything this Christmas so paid for Josh. Esther and her cousin arrived before us so I couldn't do so for them.

But we enjoyed ourselves and I would love to go back again. Maybe when the girl's childcare centre closes next and I'll bring her again.

After our nap, which I completely knocked out from all that activity, we drove over to the Victor's for their Christmas dinner invite.

And it's so anti-climatic that we are back to work today. My body is aching from that almost 2 hour work-out at the rink and I am still longing for the bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment