Monday 12 December 2016

The hubs was away on a golf trip from Friday and came back late, or rather very early this morning. He asked for 'permission' when his friends planned this trip and I am glad I gave him my blessings. 

I sent the girl to school on Friday morning and only left the house about 20 minutes earlier than usual and still made it to work on time. On Saturday, I brought her along when I went to the dentist. I spent about an hour there and she was so well-behaved throughout. This girl really have good patience. When I left the clinic, I was pretty shocked by the $520 bill but considering that I 'only' have 5 fillings to be done, I am pretty happy because it's been ages since I visited the dentist. Thankfully, the reason also for this trip to the dentist is because I've got quite a bit of balance in my company's medical allowance which would otherwise go to waste at the end of the month.

I brought the girl out in the evening and we met Sand for dinner. And it's her treat! So while we were busy catching up finally, the night grew and the girl whispered to ask if we're going home soon. She was tired. And so we left about 9ish.

And yesterday, she and I commuted by train again to church. It's our 2nd time and the 1st was ages ago. I do not think she can remember. Again, without the hubs, there was no delay. We bumped into Jerry and Esther at the train station and while Jerry continued to wait for the rest of his folks, Esther joined us and we left for church first. On our way home, K slept on my lap and my poor brother had to carry the deadload and half-way through, he had to stop. Feeling so bad, I took over from him at the bus-stop opposite our block and struggled to carry her back home. This girl has got heavy bones, I tell ya! Thankfully, this episode did not hurt my back.

Because I needed to open the door, I had to put her down and she woke up. Needless to say, sleep escaped her when we entered the house. 

In the evening, when I was running through phonics with her, I started shouting at her again. I really need to manage myself. She forgets the next moment the word that I had just taught her or even after writing the word 20 times, she cannot answer me when I asked her what word it was! She has always been very easy to manage, even Sand says she is a good girl, and I do not want to always lose my patience on her. I really need to pray for control over myself towards her. And for this, I feel so so guilty to my only child. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment