Friday 30 December 2016

The Victors handed down a Sylvanian house to K and yesterday evening, the hubs decided to bring it to the bedroom at bedtime. I had the idea of reading Hansel and Gretel and suggested to K to use her minikins as Hansel, Gretal, the Woodcutter, the Stepmother and witch. So there we were, the 3 of us  with me reading from the book, the hubs using the minikins to act out the scenes and our captivated audience of 1, K watching.

When the 'show' was over and K lying down, the hubs layed down beside her and told her that I said that we should not be patting her to sleep anymore. On my part, it is because I think she needs to learn how to sleep on her own. Our ex-neighbour's daughter sleeps by herself, in her own room. But with K, she still wants to sleep in ours and when we said no patting, she started tearing. She was quiet but we could see the tears rolling down her face.

It is so heart-breaking. Our daughter, though she wants to grow up, still needs and wants us so much. She always sits right beside the hubs at the sofa and he always complains that she is literally sticking onto him. I always tell him, it won't be so in a couple more years. 

So, yes, a reminder for me to savour the present where she still wants us. I always want her to be at 2, where she still needs me and since she still shows that she does, I should relish these moments. it won't be so in a couple more years.

3 comments:

  1. Kaydence so guai..she only teared quietly.. :( mayb can tell her that u all will reward her or smthng since shes such a gd girl when she dun nid to be patted to slp in future..so that it can cheer her up!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention, somehow, we have never practised 'reward system'. Hahahha

      Delete
  2. Maybe its time to start one..lolz

    ReplyDelete