Monday 31 October 2016

I was telling Janice, our previous neighbour friend how disappointed I am with our contractor over IM at work today and in the evening, we had to force a lights out in the kitchen from as early as 8pm.

After dinner, I was in the kitchen and storing something in the vegetable compartment of the fridge when I push the door in a little too hard, I think, and the main kitchen light came on, by itself. Yes, the switch was off but the light came on. There has been a fault with the main kitchen light for a couple of weeks now. Yes, welcome to the hubs' world of procrastination. 

I have been nagging at him to get it checked. Some time back, when I switched on or off the light, there would be a spark in the switch, which you can see through the fine gap. And sometimes after switching the light off, the light would flicker a bit. I was so afraid of being electrocuted! But everything seemed fine again the recent 2 weeks. 

The hubs decided to open the switch case and pull out the wires because the light won't go off even when he flick it on and off again. So this is how it looks like now.
Thankfully, I do not need to cook dinner tomorrow because the hubs' aunt is arranging the yearly Bhai Pooja for the brothers and her son at her new home. But it will be laundry day! Let's see how I am going to manage it.

No comments:

Post a Comment