Saturday 8 October 2016

When you take a long break from work, you can expect heaps of emails and work to work on when you return and that was exactly what happened. Although I managed to clear them in the first few days, the time when you get back immediately is the most stressful. 

And I'm still so worn out from the Japan trip and  that was probably why I had a migraine attack on Tuesday evening after the weekly exercise session. I was already having a headache at the end of the workday but not something I felt I could not deal with. But while in the train home, with my body feel hot and sweaty and the aircon blasting, I developed a migraine and started feeling nauseous. I was praying someone would alight so I could grab that seat and close my eyes.

Even after bathing, I was feeling horrid. Lied down, the hubs kept nagging at me to eat something so that I can pop a panadol and me needing the lights off and lying on bed. When he tried to help, he pressed down on a point so hard, I finally vomitted. But still didn't feel any better. 

Consulted a GP on Wednesday, gave me mc and bless her, told me I really just need to rest. So no unnecessary medication prescribed. No more migraine but still light-headed. But being someone who cannot sit still, I put the girl's laundry to wash, hung them up, washed the balcony, mopped the house and made dinner. I even text the hubs that I'll pick the girl up from school and he was there too, to surprise me. 

On Thursday evening, the eldest SIL came over wif Bev for the night because school is closed on Children's Day Friday and thankfully for them because I was so busy at work that day. Met the 3 of them after work at Westgate, treated them to dinner and then we sent them home, all the way to Tampines. The girl was so sad when they alighted that she cried. No wonder, she must have had the time of her life with ice-cream, Japanese rice-crackers and don't know what else the eldest SIL has indulged her with. Just because it's Children's Day.

Anyhow, we are thankful for her being able to help us out and always without questions. And K's stash of presents from her teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment