Friday 28 October 2016

I had to do school pick-up duties yesterday and today. Yesterday was because the hubs attended the wake of a 35 year old lady, daughter of the FIL's good friend. She died of cancer. Too young but I heard that she went on holidays and according to her brother, she died with no regrets. That is good to know. And today, well, the hubs had an event at work.

Times like these, I miss staying at Redhill. I could easily meet up with the bestie for dinner and bring the little girl along. I have a long over-due dinner date with her because I need to keep up with my once a week exercise routine. The exercise that I have no choice but to do...otherwise, my back will get at me for the lack of it. The hubs hardly has any personal time other than having to work past the usual working hours. Thus, having this hour off to do my exercise every week is a bonus to me. Because we want to share the time spent with the girl.

The girl's childcare is within walking distance to our home now...so it's very convenient to drop her off and pick her up. And if we want a break from eating at home, usually just once a week, or if we want to go the swanky nice malls, it's always the big 4 ones which is just a 5 minute drive away. There is really no reason for us to head to town anymore. I can't even remember when was the last time we went to Orchard. My strong guess is that the next trip there will be to see the Christmas lightings. Lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment