Tuesday 4 October 2016

And so, we are back from our 8 days vacation in Tokyo, Japan! The weather was hot and the poor hubs had to lift 2 hardcases in the train stations. Because they are so 'advanced', their train systems were probably built quite a while back and thus many do not have escalators. Even if you come across a station that has one, you will be greeted by a flight of stairs a while later.

K was the most cooperative. She impressed even us when we decided not to bring the stroller out from day 3. It's no joke up and down those steps. And boy can she walk. We walked so much that my menses that was supposed to come at a later date, came earlier. My back acted up some time during the 4th day of our stay and I could not walk for long without stopping to take a rest.

The flight to Tokyo and back were good. In fact, I'm happy that the aircraft was not a jumbo plane. So K and I sat beside the window, with the hubs across the aisle. Perfect arrangement. It can get too cramp being 3 in a row. K slept almost 80% of the return flight and did not even have her meal on board.

We are so happy with the wifi router we rented, that we will definitely rent it again for future travels. The money I converted just for my own shopping came back untouched. We did buy a lot of snacks for family though. So, with the rising Yen, I'm taking it easy to convert whatever balance we have back to our local currency and earn some! Thus, we didn't spend much. Mainly on transportation and food for the 3 of us. 

Would I go back to Tokyo? Probably not. I do not know if it's because I'm older but from a city life to another busier city life, it doesn't attract me much. Tokyo is so crowded! I told the hubs probably Kyoto, Osaka or Okinawa if we ever return to Japan.

But nevertheless, we are glad for the trip. We covered almost everything that was planned. Now, it's back to the grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment