Monday 8 August 2016

We didn't do much on Saturday except meet up with the Victors for dinner at IMM. Kenneth had asked the hubs if we were going out and wanted to do dinner together. But since we've moved to the west, we've been pretty contented to stay at this part of the country instead of going into town. Well, maybe because town is always so congested, parking is expensive and we have everything we need with the 5 big malls this part of the upcoming CBD. 

And yesterday, after church, we had lunch away from church before heading back home. The 3rd SIL, Esther and Bev dropped by our place as they were in our car. The hubs, K and myself changed to home clothes and picked up the beef stew I had made before heading over to Jerry's. 

There was so much food from the pot-luck as we gathered to celebrate M's 77th birthday. 

Come National Day, it'll be my turn to play host but only to Jeremy's family and Ivy's sister, who will be returning back to the States the next day. Although Esther had invited the 3 of us to her birthday celebration at her home that day, I doubt we can make it because they have decided to come over to our home to catch the National Day parade on our tv! Initially I had planned to go over to Jerry's after lunch to join in Esther's birthday celebration but I guess we cannot anymore.

Looks like I'll have to drop by the supermarket later to see what else I can buy for a quick dinner for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment