Friday 5 August 2016

I seriously think my feet are meant for heels. Recall my case of the bunion foot? Well, I was monitoring and I realise even when I walk in sneakers for a long period of time, the 'bunion' on my left foot will swell. It even turns red but there's no pain at all. Sneakers are, afterall, supposed to give good support to the feet right? And mine is not even ill-fitting!

So I started monitoring what happens when I put on heels. And the effects are not seen compared to when I wear flats. I love my heels but after wearing flats for an extended period of time, I started getting comfortable with them. But I had no idea it would cause my feet to be uncomfortable because they are probably not used to being flat on the ground? Case in point, the protruding bone on my left foot swelled during my recent trip to Malacca because it was really walk, walk, walk the whole day. And I was wearing my flat sandals then.

The contraption I bought to 'correct' my bunioned foot does help a little but when I continued wearing them flats, it didn't do much. Now that I've made this discovery and have started alternating between my flats and heels instead of wearing flats for the whole week, the protruding bone is not as apparent anymore. Even the redness is not seen anymore!

Yay to heels but hopefully I do not get problems with the ankles next. Urgh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment