Monday 22 August 2016

I had my rare seafood fix of Canadian Dungeness crab, scallops, clams, prawns, baby lobsters and more at a appreciation dinner that I was invited to on Friday. I had brought along my colleague who asked if I would have gone ahead if she couldn't come along. I guess I would probably bring the hubs along since I have seen spouses and even clients bringing along their child at events like this.

And early Saturday morning, I had to reluctantly get out of bed because the hubs had arranged to meet the Victors and Whites for 9am breakfast back at Redhill. The bunch of us continued at Tiong Bahru and by the time we split ways, it was 11ish. Reached home, pop a pizza into the oven and then forced the girl to take her afternoon nap because we had another round of activities. 

We left the house about 4ish to the hubs' work place. There was a family day event going on which was primarily targeted at the members but quite a number of his colleagues brought their family along too so I didn't feel out of place.

We were greeted at the start of the family day with a pony ride at the driveway of the club. Thankfully we were there at a good time when there were not so many people yet. According to the hubs, K was beaming throughout the less than 5 minutes ride.
After the ride, we tried our hands at shooting down cardboard clowns and drink bottles but none of our shot even grazed the subjects. Then K and I walked over to a crafting station where she chose to do the coloured sand in a cup with a wick followed by body painting where she chose to have 'Rainbow Dash' painted on her forearm.

And then we watched a ventriloquist in action, followed by a snake charmer and took a motorised boat ride in the pool. While waiting for the hubs to return with dinner, she played at the bouncy castle. The evening ended for us, at the prawning station where the hubs and I caught a large one each.
And after lunch yesterday, we went to check out a travel fair because I wanted to see if I can get more information for our upcoming trip. We had fun there too, taking photos at several booths with props. We even saw a motorised dinosaur walk pass!

Our weekend had been fun. Hope you had a good one as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment