Wednesday 10 August 2016

K's childcare had their National Day celebration on Monday and thankfully for the 3rd SIL, who was on leave, the hubs was able to drop K off at their place after her lunch in school. The childcare was operating on 1/2 day that day. After work, we had dinner at Jerry's and then went to the supermarket, with Esther tagging along.

We had invited Ivy's sister for lunch yesterday so Monday's grocery run was really last minute. I couldn't find much at the supermarket near Jerry's because it is so small so we had to drive to a bigger one instead. 

The eldest SIL had text me earlier to say that they will not be staying to watch the NDP because her sister has to catch a really early morning flight back to the States but when they arrived, she told me they've changed her mind. So at the back of my mind, I was frantic, not having anything prepared for dinner.

Nevertheless, this was what we cooked for lunch. Hubs prepared chicken stew, I made minced pork with tofu and button mushrooms, fried naibai and scrambled eggs. Ivy's sis bought the fish cakes. We were filled up.
For dinner, the hubs and my eldest brother went out to buy fish head curry and I asked the 3rd SIL if they wanted to join us since the hubs, K and I couldn't make it for Esther's birthday party. And with the 3rd SIL comes food. She even made tiramisu and brought rockmelon for after desserts! I was so busy in and out of the kitchen that I hardly watched the parade.

But like what Beverly said, we always catch the parade together as a family, plus and minus some at times so it's really nothing like having the family together, celebrating our nation's birthday because we are so proud and blest to be born here. In fact, the hubs and I told Ivy's sister to plan her trips back to Singapore during the same period every year so we can partake the occasion together with good food! This makes us Singaporeans!

No comments:

Post a Comment