Wednesday 11 February 2015

We were given a set of 'activity' books by a church member and although, their youngest child is already in Primary 1, the books were kept in very good condition. Most of them seemed untouched although I had to do quite a bit of erasing for 2 of them. But even then, it was only for the first few pages. Otherwise, they are as good as new!
1 of the books stated from ages 3-5 but I'm not too sure whether K is up to it yet. In the books, K can trace the alphabets, do colouring, join the dots by connecting the numbers and so on. But she hasn't quite managed to hold the pencil really well yet. Sure, she loves colouring and has improved from colouring the entire page to within the picture. But I do not want to take the fun away from her by putting my hand round hers while she grips the pencil and colour. At this point in time, I would rather she does her colouring her way and enjoying it while she brings the blank picture to 'life'. I recall Josh not liking to colour at all at K's age. So it's nice to see K asking to be allowed to do her colouring and be left alone at that. Because she shows interest in the on-line colouring pictures that I had printed, the hubs went to buy 4 colouring books for her!

Having said that, K told us last night that she doesn't want to wear her diapers  to sleep anymore! Somehow, her diaper leaked on Monday and Tuesday morning and I'm not sure if that is the reason why she doesn't want to have her diapers on or if she's feeling uncomfortable. Or could she have been upset by what I may have said? So anyhow, I told her we can try to remove her diapers during her afternoon nap first.

Last night, I asked if she wanted to clear her bladder before we slept and she did clear quite a bit. And I told her, we'll start off with this practice every evening now and also before her noon time nap at home on the weekends so eventually, we will get there. Diaperless at night that is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment