Sunday 22 February 2015

We only went to Lynn's house yesterday after lunch. And when we came back home, K took a nap and it was all the way at home for the 3 of us, except for the hubs who had a CNY gathering at a colleague's home. 

After church today, all of us from church trooped over to Jeremy's for Lou-Hei and the usual CNY visitation. Although there's now another toddler to play with who is about 18 months, K prefers to play with the kor-kors and jie-jies. The youngest boy in the group, who is in Primary 1 this year, refused to show her what he's watching on the mobile phone and she chased him but the boy was adamant not to let her watch and K ended up crying.

When the party ended about almost 4pm, Jerry and his family proceeded to our place for dinner. I'm glad I was able to whip up something nice! The hubs and I don't remember Jerry telling  us that they were coming and were not prepared at all! Thankfully, Lynn, who had a party yesterday, insisted that I bring home some chicken rendang which she had bought too much of. I just had to mix a few things together for soup and heat up the pre-made herbal chicken that we had bought during our last shopping trip to the food wholesalers. And M went downstairs to buy a pack of roasted pork.

We've had a great long weekend and how I wish every CNY falls on a Thursday and Friday. Considering how unenthusiastic I was before the Lunar New Year came around, I must say I'm still in the mood of the season! :) Pity it's back to work and school tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment