Thursday 26 February 2015

K had her first kids meal today. Everytime we dine out, I would have to share my meal with her. Meaning that I've been assigned to eating mostly fish soup with noodles, fish soup with rice, fishball noodles, you get the drift. 

And since we had our dinner late today, we were quite famished and the hubs decided to order a kids meal set just for K while I 'stole' the cold orange juice and he took away the french fries. When I share with K, she eats about 1/2 my meal and it's 1/2 too little for me. Although she didn't finish off her kids meal, she had a good 3/4 portion of it with a few strings of fries and a little bit of the juice. We still do not believe in giving her cold drinks at this point and she's so used to it that she doesn't even  ask to drink ours when we order soft drinks at the side for ourselves.

And during the CNY long weekend, K went diaperless! Yes, even when we were out visiting! We are so proud of her and feel so blest that she has such a teachable spirit. We started training her whenever she poo poos and then the school started toilet training them towards the end of her playgroup class and we do the same at home. In fact, until recently, I was still letting her tape diapers just before we leave the house and bring along pull-ups for change later, but not for school days. She puts on her panties straight from home and only wears diapers during her nap time. Anyway, wearing tape pants just before we leave the house is a little bit more cost effective and no, it doesn't confuse her between the tape diapers and pull-ups. Yes, it is very brave of us to try her out during the busy festive period but we felt she was ready.

Not wearing diapers during her sleep will take a bit more time though. I've heard of children who still sleep with their diapers on when they enter Primary 1. And I'm not ready to wake up in the middle of the night just to put her on top of the toilet bowl. I can imagine a whole lot of resistance coming from her if I were to wake her up in the middle of her dreams and make her go to the toilet bowl while spoiling the rest of my beauty and restful sleep.

My girl has grown up. In fact, the teachers have been telling us that she hasn't been napping in school! It's been going on since she moved up to Nursery 1. And the hubs and I have to tell her everyday to nap and why it's important to do so. Her main teacher feels that probably K's mind is still very active. Which makes me feel that she's not doing enough. Her mind has not been stretched and she's capable of doing more. I experience the same with her Saturday naps. It takes so much to make her nap! Would enrichment classes help? I think we've come a point where we need to start considering this. Be it enrichment classes or some art, ballet, music classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment