Friday 20 February 2015

Jerry kindly hosted reunion dinner for our family of 5 siblings with their other halves, making it 10 of us and 8 others consisting of young adults, teenagers, adolescents and a toddler and 1 matriarch. It was very nice of them to do it at their home despite them travelling up to my 3rd SIL's home town early the next morning and no more maid to clean up. It was pot-luck and I brought a pot of chicken stewy soup. Lol..stewy because it was meant to be but ended up more soup base.

Yesterday, being the first day of the CNY, the hubs and I went to his 2nd BIL's home to 'visit' his parents. This is something I've practiced for the past years. The youngest in-laws are not 'celebrating' the festival this year due to their loss early this month. After lunch at the in-law's, we came back home and K napped while we hosted our guests. In the evening, as were with the past 2 years since M started staying over, my cousins came over but this time, we only has 2 families. Jeremy and his troop came over for the usual dinner on the 1st day so our house was really packed.

And today, we had my ex-colleague Ivy and her family visit us and then the hubs, K and I went off to my godma's for lunch. I only visit my god-brother's home during this season and we missed it last year because of conflicting schedules. Thankfully K now warms up to unfamiliar people a lot faster so she could leave me to enjoy the food while being around older children.

After my god-brother's home, the 3 of us went off to the same relative's house of his where all the rest of his distant relatives from the MIL's side usually gathers. Again, the hubs busied himself in no time to play blackjack. Thankfully, I have K now (how many times I have said that!) and can keep myself occupied with her while she watched Frozen, yet again. I think this must be the 3rd time she has watched Frozen here. 

As the hubs continued his CNY visitation to his friends, he sent us home first before sending the MIL back and she's lucky that the hubs' friend stays near the 2nd BIL. 

That basically sums up our first 2 days of the Lunar New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment